Account ManagerWilmington, DE
Currently, we have an opening for an Account Manager – Antacids & Catalysts for our North America Region based in our Wilmington, DE headquarters. The position reports to the Head of Sales - Antacids.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage existing sales activities, identifying and developing new opportunities and preparing and executing a plan for the territory. In addition, the Account Manager is responsible for Global Key Account Management for select customers and gaining market intelligence for the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing existing sales activities including price negotiations, obtaining competitor information, determining market trends, assisting Customer Service as needed for order fulfillment, complaint resolution and customer forecasting.
- Responsible for territory demand planning and the customer forecasts entered in SFDC. Obtain forecasts from customer visits, calls and customer service interactions and entering the data into SFDC and reviewing monthly with Head of Sales.
- Building and advancing the sales pipeline by identifying and developing new opportunities and supporting customers as needed to commercialize projects.
- Managing the N.A. distributor relationships and performance for the Antacid’s product line.
- Developing and executing a plan for the territory
- Writing call reports and entering and information such as contacts, pipeline, etc. into SFDC. Responsible for keeping the SFDC contacts and pipeline information up to date.
- Set and monitor progress on annual plans for distributors. Items to include joint calls, product training, target accounts, seminars and target accounts.
- Complete, update and execute the Regional plan for direct accounts annually, covering key accounts and strategy to identify and close opportunities.
- Responsible for global key account management as assigned by the BU. Will require preparing key account plans with input from sales colleagues and business management.
- Strengthen relationships and build deeper contacts at all functions and levels, including Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Purchasing and R&D
- Attend trade shows, industry conferences and perform research to identify new opportunities
- Annual budgeting, forecasting and priority setting
- Territory and Key Accounts:
- Territory: As assigned by BU Head of Sales for the region
- Key Account Management: To be assigned by Head of Sales
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Technical Undergraduate Degree, (preferably in Chemistry, Pharmaceutics or Chemical Engineering) or relevant experience
- Minimum 7 years Pharma experience selling to direct accounts with numerous industry contacts
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills. Willing to accept rejection and ability to say no.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record, and ability to drive to client sites and potential clients.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use market research to recommend pricing and prepare offers
- Team player with ability to get along with all levels, internally and externally regardless of gender or race
- Open minded, willing to listen and share ideas generated internally and by customers and distributors
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Some domestic and foreign travel required. Travel expectations will be at least 50%