Accounting ManagerWilmington, Delaware, USA
The primary objective of this position is to maintain SPI Pharma accounting and reporting systems. The Accounting Manager will lead a small by effective corporate accounting team in the US and is responsible for general accounting, transactional finance, internal control policies and procedures, adherence to the ABF Financial Control Framework, financial compliance and governance, financial reporting, legal entity reporting, treasury and tax management. The role will include some global responsibilities across France, India & Australia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a highly effective Corporate team
- Direct reports General Accountant, Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Business Partner to Human Resources, Finance and R&D teams
- Financial Control environment
- Responsible for general accounting and legal entity reports, ensuring adherence to IFRS accounting rules
- Ensure compliance with ABF Financial Control Framework
- Develop and implement appropriate and effective financial controls in accordance with Group Accounting policies and guidelines
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within the control environment and implementing those improvements
- Implement new technical accounting pronouncements and statutory reporting requirements.
- Prepare all legal entity forecast and budget reporting.
- Preparation of accurate and timely submission packs to ABFI & ABF for period-end, year-end, budget & forecast
- Support the FC with budgets and quarterly reforecasts for Balance Sheet, Working Capital, People Costs and SG&A
- Responsible to review and manage periodic balance sheet and P&L reconciliations across SPI businesses
- Support FC and Site Controllers with all internal and external audits, keeping audit issues minimal (Grade 3 or below)
- Management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger accounting
- Map key transactional finance processes, identify and help implement standardization, automation and centralization opportunities.
- Work with various functional groups and ABF experts to prepare and review working capital, US payroll, Insurance and Pensions
- Perform corporate treasury role, monitoring all vendor payments and ensuring a strict control environment. Support the FC with cash and currency exposure
- Manage intercompany transactions and invoices and perform monthly intercompany reconciliations and confirmations
- Work with ABFNA tax department to satisfy all tax reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prepare and update BCP, Crisis Management and Risk reviews
- Provide key salary and benefit data and other expense analysis for SG&A budget/forecast, including challenging the wider business to closely monitor overheads
- Manage annual benefits audits, working with external auditors and third-party providers
- Manage ERISA compliance
- Support, prepare and review accuracy of monthly payroll
- Prepare reporting for ABC compliance, FCFQ compliance, GHG and key financial control initiatives and projects.
- Review and prepare global fixed assets registers and accounting
- Providing training within team and wider business to improve the control environment
- Develop effective SPI Pharma, ABFI & ABF Finance network.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years of accounting and corporate/central finance experience
- Knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting principles
- Strong knowledge & understanding of US GAAP and IRFS
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization both verbal and written.
- Experience leading, developing and mentoring a team of financial professionals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Payroll software
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Organized and deadline oriented
- Trustworthiness and Transparency
- Occasional domestic and foreign travel required.