Anzchem National Sales ManagerSydney, Australia
Anzchem is a sales and distribution business that represents overseas suppliers of raw materials for the Food, Nutraceutical & Pharmaceutical Industry. The company has been in business since 2002 and has grown profitably over this time. Anzchem is a wholly owned subsidiary of SPI Pharma, an ABF Ingredients company.
The company has an established Pharma, Nutraceutical & Food business that covers functional ingredients. We have opportunities to grow in both in Australia as well as the Asia Pacific region.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a National Sales Manager based in Sydney. The purpose of the position is to profitably grow & develop existing and new business opportunities for Anzchem’s Pharma & Food business. Lead and develop The Sales Team to understand and follow the objectives of both the budgets and the long-term strategy Business plan.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the main responsibilities of the role include:
- Identify, evaluate, and convert new business opportunities to extend and develop the company's customer and profit base in the overall Business Portfolio.
- Direct Sales Team in the development and deployment of Business Development Plans for strategic and key accounts in ANZ region which will include plan for both new and existing ingredients.
- Direct research into new business opportunities through all available channels in our customer base, including but not limited to, purchasing/procurement, new product development, marketing, technical, production and regulatory contacts.
- Oversee and prepare presentations or product trials to, and negotiations with, prospective customers to agreed strategies.
- Manage and organise supplier visits with customers through the sales team. Prepare market reports for the supplier, Business review with the help of Finance & Operations. The main purpose is to demonstrate our sales & Marketing efforts for the Supplier’s products.
- Be prepared to discuss market strategies at senior levels with the supplier through market intelligence and surveys.
- Advise Director on Exhibitions that we need to attend along with the suppliers / products that we need to attend.
- Bring market knowledge and obtain market intelligence from customers in order to help define the opportunity pipeline and future product portfolio and ultimately to achieve sales of the targeted ingredients.
- Assist Procurement Team in evaluating quality suppliers that will meet the Value Addition criteria covering Anzchem’s portfolio.
- Work to Strategize Direction of ANZCHEM FOR future growth
- Present Business & Growth – 0 to 3 years & 3 to 5 years
- New Business Direction – personal care; formulation package, Vet, AHC etc.
- Ensure business negotiations are undertaken to protect the company's interests.
- Liaise with Anzchem Global/ABF, industry associations, government bodies and others to ensure new business opportunities are followed through.
- Ensure that Anzchem has a standardised reporting system that is used by all sales Reps to cover present sales, analysis of new business achievements, opportunities, and targets.
- Ensure that sales team prepares and adheres to a sales call plan on a firm monthly basis with three months rolling plan.
- Ensure that weekly & monthly sales meetings are conducted with action plans and minutes. This is to be reported to The Director.
- Model safe working practices and take appropriate action to rectify potential safety problems to ensure the business meets its statutory and duty of care obligations.
- Ensure Overall performance in budget achievement, management of 3rd party relationships, inventory, processes
- Identify future gaps & opportunities in all channels are recognised and communicated for broader business consideration.
- Ensure all local business activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- 7 years’ experience selling Pharma/Nutraceutical & Food raw materials in the Industry in the ANZ region
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven relationship building and networking with customers & suppliers
- Experience in interacting with and delivering presentation to product development teams
- Sound understanding managing a motivated sales team
- Good communications skills both written and verbal
- Champion of change and innovation
- Ability to travel interstate and overseas, as required
What’s on offer?
- An attractive remuneration package including base salary, car allowance and bonus
- Flexible working arrangements
- Personal development and skill development programs, and a supportive environment in which to build a long-term career with ABF
- An equal opportunity employer who believes in embracing diversity