Business Development ManagerWilmington, DE
Currently, we have an opening for a Business Development Manager based in our Wilmington, DE headquarters. The position reports to the Chief Scientific Officer
The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct market assessments, identify business opportunities, and implement and manage commercial business development plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support CSO in building high level relationships at targeted accounts globally and managing all commercial aspects of Business Development projects, including scope definition, proposals, deliverables, meeting organization and follow-up after execution of legal agreements.
- Provide project management support by coordinating internally with relevant functions to ensure delivery of milestones and externally liaising with customer.
- Identify specialty technologies/products through in-licensing or commercial partnerships that support Business Line strategies by researching industry trends and related events, publications, press releases, as well as TDM reports.
- Propose potential business deals or M&A opportunities to CSO by discovering and exploring opportunities through customer visits and Industry Conferences/Tradeshows.
- Conduct necessary market assessments for new products, technologies, and new applications, including industry maps, competitor profiles, and potential financial assessments to provide necessary justification for new initiatives.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related field
- MBA preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, global teams
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Collaborative work style and ability to shift between strategic vision and tactical implementation
- High-energy and curiosity for understanding pharmaceutical industry trends
- Strong analytical skills, ability to communicate with Executive Level contacts in Commercial, Marketing and Technical functions
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
- Global travel required