Customer Service Representative – Americas
The primary objective of this position is to accurately process Sales Order Fulfillment, from receipt of the PO to cash collection, and serve as primary contact for customer’s/distributor’s order management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage customer orders from placing orders to invoicing in accordance with policies in place (prices, commission, credit limit, customer service procedures, freight quotations, samples, specification etc.). Orders can be shipped from SPI US warehouses or French warehouses.
- MIS reports & actions.
- Pricing management.
- Supporting CSM/GCSM on process improvements.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Export or national documentation.
- Export-Import and national freight quotes and freight organization management (knowledge of incoterms).
- Payment term knowledge: Bank remittance, letter of credit.
- Customer notification: specification, SPI information, etc...
- Serve as a key contributor to the demand planning/forecast process.
- Enter customer complaints in the appropriate tool and follow up until final closure.
- Cross-functional work with Supply Chain, Sales, Regulatory, Quality, Warehouse, Production & CS Teams at other sites.
- Monthly sales estimate/shipment planning - monitoring of orders to meet schedule ship dates.
- Customer Regulatory and Quality requests: log in and follow up.
- Customer sample request follow up.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- 2-year degree required.4-year degree preferred.
- 5+ years of customer service experience in pharmaceutical, manufacturing or fine chemical exports and order fulfillment.
- Logistics and incoterms knowledge.
- Experience with order management for international clients.
- Knowledge of international export payment terms (CAD/LC, etc.) and associated documentation.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal in a multicultural environment, with internal and external customers.
- Great attention to detail, accuracy and follow through skills.
- Must be proactive and assertive.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, self-directed environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask – must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple issues/orders and manage time effectively.
- Second language (Spanish, French, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to work on both team and individual goals.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.