Demand Planning Leader
Come join our team! We currently have an opening for a Demand Planning Leader. This newly created position is located in our corporate headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
The primary objective of this position is to develop and manage the SPI Pharma unconstrained demand plan in support of the S&OP Process. The incumbent will own the demand planning process and chair the monthly demand review meeting. The Demand Planning Leader will employ best practices such as customer and product segmentation and statistical tools as required in the development of the unconstrained forecast. The Demand Planning Leader will also participate in the development of the stock policies required as an input to the supply and inventory plans. The goal of S&OP Process is to ensure an excellent customer experience in as efficient manner as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the monthly demand review process which drives supply, manufacturing and purchasing activities and is the basis for our budget financial plans to ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Prepare for and chair the monthly demand review meetings.
- Collaborate with sales to maintain and improve the demand forecast.
- Provide training and coaching as required to develop a robust forecast process.
- Communicate the output of the monthly Demand Review Meetings; the agreed unconstrained product forecast by month.
- Responsible for forecast accuracy reporting as required to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Monitor forecasts and actual demand compared to budgeted volumes. Highlight deviations and work with Sales to understand the cause of deviations and the impact to forward view of demand plan.
- Attain Institute of Business Forecasting certification or relevant APICS Certification. Use the knowledge gained to drive continuous improvement in the demand review planning process.
Education, Skills and Experience
- A business management or supply chain degree and two or more years of relevant forecasting or supply chain experience.
- Institute of Business Forecasting, APICS CPIM or CSCP certification and experience forecasting or planning for ingredient manufacturing or relevant experience preferred.
- Proficient with ERP Systems, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Pivot Tables.
- Experience with the Adage ERP and Arkieva software system a plus.
- Analytical skills are required.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required, estimated to be 5% or less
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and the ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas.
- A strong contributor with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Focuses on effective communication and leads by example.
- Applies certainty to uncertain situations affecting others, such as in forecasting or decision making.
- Balances risk and reward through careful analysis using hard and soft skills.
- Aligns tactics to strategy in planning and harmony with organizational culture.
- Maintains and improves, when necessary, relationships with internal and external supply chain partners.
- Satisfies competing priorities and stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.