Global Marketing Manager: EDDSWilmington, DE
Reporting to the General Manager, Excipients and Drug Delivery Systems (EDDS), and a member of the EDDS, Strategic Business Unit (SBU) leadership team, the Global Marketing Manager will initially have no direct reports but the incumbent will be responsible for building a marketing team over time
This position is also a member of the SPI Pharma Extended Senior Leadership Team.
The primary objective of this position is to manage all Marketing aspects for the SBU EDDS across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Innovation Development Team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for vetting new ideas, supporting the business case for projects, and providing additional, market insights throughout the development process.
- Commercialization of new products: the Global Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of new product launch plans. Global marketing strategy: The Global Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the global marketing vision for the EDDS business, setting the objectives, initiatives, and goals for the business, to be achieved through regional implementations.
- Market Expert: the Global Marketing Manager will be the expert on the external market trends, activities, priorities, and the customer and competitor environment.
- The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing the selling tools (information, strategy, insights) that the sales teams need to achieve the business plan objectives.
- With input from Sales, Manufacturing, and General management, the Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for product and customer portfolio rationalization and lifecycle management.
- Develop and manage to build a strong global network of key opinion leaders to drive growth.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to work collaboratively
- A strong contributor with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization
- A strong team leader as well as a team member
- A focus on effective communication and leadership by example
- Enthusiastic about a pay for performance culture
Education and/or experience
- Under Graduate Degree or higher, in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years leadership experience in pharmaceutical or specialty chemicals industry
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, global teams
- Collaborative work style and ability to shift between strategic vision and tactical implementation
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
This a global position with global responsibility. This position will be located at the SPI Pharma corporate headquarters in Wilmington, DE but the individual will be expected to spend time at all of SPI’s locations and to interact with the regional sales and marketing teams
Travel required: Estimated 30% to 40%