Head of Global R&DWilmington, DE
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer of SPI Pharma, the Head of Global R&D, will have responsibility for the cost and value creation of the Global R&D department. This position is also a member of the SPI Pharma Extended Senior Leadership Team (ESLT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide tactical and strategic direction for all R&D programs and policies to assure a steady stream of market relevant new product/drug and product developments/enhancements.
- Direct the activities of multiple projects, pilot production, and engineering services, and motivate to successful attainment of departmental and business objectives.
- Direct project reviews and pre-production quality assurance process which ensures high quality products are developed with adequate controls and without excess bureaucracy.
- Direct the drug development and Pharmasolutions activities at the IDC Bangalore site.
- Provide input on all technical matters relating to NPD, ARTS, DDCS, DDPS functions.
- Provide clear technical goals that stretch the organization to deliver innovative products on time while minimizing development effort.
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to work collaboratively
- A strong contributor with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization
- A focus on effective communication and leadership by example
- Enthusiastic about a pay for performance culture
- The ability to lead a diverse, global organization
This position will have four direct reports.
Education and/or experience
- Graduate Degree or higher preferred in related field
- Minimum 8 years R&D experience in pharmaceutical or specialty chemicals industry
- Experience with drug development, especially 505b(2) type unique dosages a plus
- Familiarity with Stage-gate process to track and manage projects is important
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, global teams
- Previous P&L responsibility
- Collaborative work style and ability to shift between strategic vision and tactical implementation.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
The position will be located at the SPI Pharma corporate headquarters in Wilmington, DE.
Global Travel: 30-35%