Human Resources ManagerWilmington, DE
ABF Ingredients comprises five empowered businesses and develops, produces and markets specialty ingredients for the food, beverage and nutrition, feed, pharmaceutical sectors, as well as for a variety of other industrial applications. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. SPI Pharma and Abitec are part of ABF Ingredients, and this HR role is supporting both businesses.
We are looking for a
Human Resources Manager
(based in Wilmington, Delaware)
This is a generalist HR role, with a bias towards recruitment and learning and development, based in North America. The role holder will convert HR plans into initiatives that enable the ABFI North American businesses of SPI Pharma and ABITEC to achieve its strategic objectives and growth plans through their people. You will have a visible role working alongside existing HR Teams, reporting to the Global HR Director of SPI Pharma. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional who wants to progress to a more senior role in the medium term.
You are responsible for:
- Run recruitment campaigns from identification of a role opportunity to appointment and on boarding of successful candidates;
- Implementation and ensuring adoption of recruitment processes, frameworks and tools appropriate for business needs;
- Coaching managers in all aspects of performance management and supporting them to craft an engaging and inclusive environment for their people;
- Reporting on key HR metrics;
- Supporting the delivery of diversity & inclusion objectives;
- Identification and delivery of appropriate learning and development modules in response to business and individual people development needs;
- Supporting talent management planning and implementation of development tools;
- Knowledge of employment law;
- Assist with creation and on-going maintenance of policies, procedures and initiatives that support business goals, objectives and culture;
- Complete other projects assigned related to improvement / upgrade of HR practices and procedures.
Your required qualifications and key skills:
- Degree level or equivalent with appropriate professional qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at similar level within HR Management;
- Member of SHRM;
- Significant experience of running recruitment.
Your leadership traits:
- Honesty, integrity, and the ability to work collaboratively;
- A strong contributor with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization;
- A focus on effective communication and leadership by example;
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- High levels of emotional intelligence.
- The position will be located at the corporate headquarters of SPI Pharma in Wilmington, Delaware. The role holder will be required to travel to Columbus on a regular basis.
We offer you a challenging employment opportunity in a successful, growing and family-oriented environment. We believe our people are our foundation. We look for passionate, engaged and collaborative individuals who are eager to learn, develop and thrive. In return, we guarantee all employees an equal opportunity to succeed in a safe and respectful work environment. We offer highly competitive compensation and excellent benefits. We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your salary expectations online at:
ABF Ingredients is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.