Inside Sales RepresentativeWilmington, DE
The Inside Sales Representative will be a key member of our Global EDDS Commercial organization that will perform a variety of activities to support the accelerated growth of the business. Reports to the Global Head of Sales, Excipients and Drug Delivery Systems (EDDS).
We are looking for a customer focused individual who has the ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously, the ability to maintain composure in challenging situations, polished communications skills, and a dedicated commitment to fulfill customer’s needs and solve people’s problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and growth targets of a selected group of house accounts.
- Cold call/prospect lists provided by Marketing in support of new product or promotional initiatives
- Qualify and assign leads generated from technical inquires or from trade shows to the appropriate field account manager via Salesforce.com
- Initiate sample requests received directly from customers via phone, email or website, input into SFDC for appropriate follow up
- Coordinate response to customer’s technical inquiries about our products received through web site, phone or email
- Initiate customer complaints, monitor and drive the complaint completion from start to finish until the customer receives the final investigation letter
Qualification and Preference:
- Bachelor degree in Life, Physical or Engineering discipline
- 3+ years of sales experience (preferable in pharmaceutical ingredients) and demonstrated inside sales growth track record
- 2+ years of experience in laboratory or pharmaceutical industry environment (preferred but not required)
- Independent thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Produce work that is well executed, accurate and attentive to details and take ownership of all interactions; resourceful and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism
- Cultural diversity sensitivity given global footprint and team.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages desirable.