Maintenance MechanicGrand Haven, MI
POSITION: Maintenance Mechanic
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
Effective Date: July 1, 2018
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITES:
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing daily routine maintenance and repair of the facility and equipment.
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, some college a plus.
Minimum of Boiler Operator License (or equivalent).
3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing plant maintenance environment.
Experience within the food or pharmaceutical industry a plus.
Experience operating and maintaining a steam boiler.
- Average to above average mathematical skills (decimals, metric system, rounding, basic arithmetic)
- General knowledge of steam and condensate systems
- Possess decision-making and judgment ability with regard to safety to self and others
- O.T.O.T (Lockout Tagout & Test)
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Protection
- Forklift Safety (as a pedestrian and as a driver)
- Possess decision-making ability with regard to quality
- Ability to maintain attention around rotating, pinching, crushing equipment
- Ability to maintain attention around high temperature and compressed air and liquid
- Ability to work independently for extended periods
- Ability to communicate via conversation, radio, and visually in emergency situations
- Ability to use computer systems and technology
- State driver’s license
- Must be able to be a licensed fork truck operator.
- Have regular attendance;
- Work and follow all safety procedures at all times and report any potential safety hazards to on-site safety staff and to maintenance supervisor;
- Attend any occasional mandated Company meetings related to site operations;
- Aptitude to do the following.
- Replace motors and starters;
- Reset overloads and replace fuses;
- General electrical troubleshooting/repairs; cords, minor wiring, and other minor items;
- Repair machine structure;
- Modify equipment as necessary;
- Rebuild pumps, motors, and other complex devices when feasible;
- Welding and cutting;
- Basic machining;
- Seal replacement;
- Bearing replacement;
- Minor fabrication;
- Pump replacement;
- Instrument Calibrations
- Basic electrical knowledge and to safely troubleshoot electrical control systems.
- Ability to design and complete minor fabrication projects;
- Work on facilities and maintenance projects as needed;
- Follow cGMP and change control policies;
- Perform preventive maintenance and document accordingly;
- Specify and order parts for repair;
- Understand in-house utility systems (steam, compressed air, purified water, etc);
- Assist Production with any equipment problems;
- Clear snow and ice as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.