Operational Excellence LeaderLewes, DE
The newly created role of Operational Excellence Leader will be pivotal in enabling the site to deliver a sustained program of improvement in the key strategic areas of cost position and customer service.
As a member of the Site Leadership Team, you will be required to influence and direct activity across all functions, supporting peers to deliver results through their teams.
Building capability within the Lewes team to identify opportunities for improvement and enabling individuals to independently implement solutions is the core activity, with a focus on processes, tools, talent and skills. The resulting cultural transformation will need you to provide an ongoing injection of energy and vision to maintain momentum, and a level of ambition to stretch others to achieve beyond perceived constraints.
This role has the potential to deliver highly visible, high impact transformation, providing the individual opportunity to develop and grow in line with the achievement of results and expand the role beyond its current remit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Run multiple projects and deliver on agreed milestones and targets
- Form multi-disciplinary operational excellence project teams
- Project selection and prioritization – ensure resources are focused on realising the greatest opportunities
- Programme governance – lead the process of management review
- Be a mentor and coach to others providing support and training in an engaging and actionable way
- Be recognized as an internal expert who is sought out for advice and expertise in the application of CI tools and processes
- Build a network of practitioners across SPI and its sister companies
- Develop, deploy and manage the communication and Change Management Plan
- Support others to establish long term goals and targets for improvement based on a sound understanding and benchmarking of best-in-class.
- Analysis of business data collected from the production, quality, engineering and supply chain departments
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or science major preferred) required
- A credible track record of delivering results in a manufacturing/operations environment
- Previous implementation and leadership of manufacturing based continuous improvement programs
- Relevant qualifications to support deployment of Lean Six-Sigma practices
- Change management and transformational projects experience
- Multi-site or international experience, preferred
- Occasional travel to other SPI/ABF locations