Production OperatorGrand Haven, MI
The Entry Production Operator is responsible for performing daily tasks as directed by the Production Team Leader and/or Sr. Production Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as an assistant while training on processes and demonstrate proficiency to operate and control processes on which training has occurred;
- Read and understand batch records and applicable SOP’s before starting any process;
- Comply with all cGMP requirements, maintaining thorough, accurate, and legible documentation;
- Be accountable for all documentation and production, which is his/her responsibility;
- Alert the team leader or designee of safety, quality, and equipment problems;
- Have a basic understanding of materials handling to prevent contamination and to comply with cGMP’s and customer requirements;
- Obtain in-process product samples, when necessary, using proper sampling procedures;
- Work and follow all safety procedures at all times and report any potential safety hazards to on-site safety staff or to team leader;
- Become proficient in Assistics scanning
- Attend any occasional mandated Company meetings related to site operations;
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or GED, some college a plus.
- Prefer 1 year of experience within manufacturing environment, preferably within pharmaceutical/food
- Must have demonstrated experience with quality/safety systems in a manufacturing environment as well as exposure to normal process manufacturing activities like teamwork, shiftwork, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of scales, calibrations, and accuracy requirements.
- Average to above average mathematical skills (decimals, metric system, rounding, basic arithmetic).
- Possess decision-making and judgement ability with regard to safety of self, and others.
- Ability to comply with all procedures and SOP’s.
- Must be a licensed fork truck operator.
- Ability to maintain attention around rotating, pinching, and crushing equipment.
- Ability to maintain attention around high temperature and pressure air and liquid.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate via electronically, conversation, radio, and visually.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.