Sales Account ManagerWilmington, DE (USA based remote position)
The primary responsibility will be to manage and grow SPI’s full portfolio of excipients, APIs and drug delivery platforms at new and existing customers and to expand and advance the pipeline projects in assigned territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and grow SPI’s sales of excipients, APIs and drug delivery platforms at established accounts and distributors and develop business at new customers.
• Expand and advance SPI’s pipeline through close collaboration with R&D, business development, purchasing and operations in the European Pharma industry.
• Explore opportunities for Pharma Solutions projects at major pharma customers.
• Support introduction of new products on territory as per launch plan from Marketing.
• Develop strong relationships and deep contacts at all levels throughout customer organizations with a focus on technical and business development groups. This will be led in close collaboration with the Region Technical Development Manager.
• Increase SPI’s exposure and market leadership through seminars, technical conferences and participation in industry organizations in close coordination with EU TDM (meetings, trade shows, seminars).
• Negotiate pricing and contracts, track and report on industry trends, monitor competitor activities and market share, submit new product ideas and assist with resolving customer issues.
• Complete, update and execute the annual territory plan covering key accounts, territory objectives, target accounts and strategies. Develop specific Global Account Plans as needed.
• Submit the annual territory sales budget and forecasts.
• Attend trade shows, industry conferences and local pharma organizations to keep current with industry trends and identify new opportunities.
• Enter call reports, contact information and market data in CRM tool SalesForce.com.
• Support the S&OP team with demand planning as needed.
• Collaborate with Customer Service/S&OP to optimize customer satisfaction. • Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
• Degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline. Masters preferred.
• Minimum 10-year experience in developing new business and selling APIs and ingredients to Pharmaceutical manufacturers. Comfortable in technical/scientific aspects of pharmaceutical development. Knowledge of pharmaceutical Quality and Regulatory requirements.
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Proficiency in other languages beneficial.
• Multilevel sales contacts at the top pharmaceutical accounts in region.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills. Willing to make cold calls and seek out key decision makers. Ability to gain the trust of customers by connecting their strategic needs with SPI’s capabilities.
• Extensive travel required - minimum 50% of the time.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization and planning skills.
• Analytical skills and ability to use market research to recommend pricing and prepare offers.
• Team player – Experienced in working in a global organization and multicultural teams.
• Open minded, willing to listen and to share ideas generated internally and by customers.
• Excellent follow-up skills.
• Driven, self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to work under limited supervision. Motivated by fast evolving environment and challenges.