Site General Manager – LewesLewes, Delaware, USA
Reporting to the VP of Operations. The position will be located at the Lewes manufacturing plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and responsible for all operations of the location;
- Establishes a strong SHE culture and is accountable for the safety and health of all site personnel and contractors, and for site environmental performance and compliance.
- Accountable for all related operational costs of the location;
- Responsible for the staffing and training, cross-training, development and appraisal of the operational workforce;
- Establishes appropriate systems to ensure reliable site performance across all dimensions;
- Develops and drives performance objectives of direct reports that are aligned with the global objectives
- Drives Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement through personal leadership including developing and implementing strategies for cost reduction, quality, safety, and productivity & efficiency improvements for the site;
- Develops, mentors, manages and directs departmental leaders as well as other site staff;
- Ensures finished product is manufactured according to established SOPs and cGMP conditions.
- Provides input for marketing new products and pricing strategies for the site.
- Prepares and presents strategies for future operations and site infrastructure, including justification for large capital projects;
- Looks at long term view of plant (3-5 years and beyond) and makes sure appropriate projects are being planned and implemented to keep site viable;
- Represent the company positively with customers, external auditors and as necessary in the community and at local events;
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year Degree required; Engineering Degree preferred
- 10 years minimum process manufacturing experience in FDA or other regulated industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead team and hold accountable
- Ability to work with other departments and proactively manage conflicts
- Strong organizational and planning skills