The site manager oversees all site operations to achieve site goals, while ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of the workforce, product quality, operations, maintenance, warehousing, and site spending. The manager provides leadership and support to all site personnel. The manager will assist in competency development, guide and develop cooperative relationships between departments. Must formulate and manage the timely and effective development and implementation of world-class problem solving systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and responsible for all operations of the location;
- Establishes a strong SHE culture and is accountable for the safety and health of all site personnel and contractors, and for site environmental performance and compliance.
- Accountable for all related operational costs of the location;
- Administers company rules, procedures, and regulations required by federal, state, and local laws;
- Responsible for the staffing and training, cross-training, development and appraisal of the operational workforce;
- Develops and drives performance objectives of direct reports that are aligned with the global objectives set by upper management
- Drives Operational Excellence through personal leadership including developing and implementing strategies for cost reduction, quality, safety, and productivity & efficiency improvements for the site;
- Develops site specific company policies as necessary;
- Provides clear and timely communication with corporate personnel on all related site activities;
- Develops, mentors, manages and directs departmental leaders as well as other site staff;
- Ensures finished product is manufactured according to established SOPs and cGMP conditions.
- Provides input for marketing new products and pricing strategies for the site.
- Prepares and presents strategies for future operations and site infrastructure, including justification for large capital projects;
- Looks at long term view of plant (3-5 years and beyond) and makes sure appropriate projects are being planned and implemented to keep site viable;
- Represent the company positively with customers, external auditors and as necessary in the community and at local events;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related science field
- 7-10 years relevant leadership experience in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferably within the pharmaceutical or chemical industry.
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong understanding of finance, budget, process improvement, and labor utilization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to execute plans, motivate and engage the workforce, evaluate work accomplishments and provide effective feedback
- Able to lead and work in a team environment
- Possess the ability for creative problem solving using standard problem-solving techniques
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and issues in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to manage both hourly staff and salaried staff to achieve plant objectives
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to resolve differences to achieve common goals
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong data analysis / data manipulation / statistics, Charts and graphs skills required
- Domestic and international travel (10%)