Supply Planning Leader
The primary objective of this position is to efficiently develop and manage the SPI Pharma finished goods supply plan in support of the S&OP Process. The incumbent will do this through the efficient management of the SPI Pharma production work centers, toll manufacturing resources and inventory levels to meet customer requirements in an efficient manner. The Supply Planning Leader will also participate in the development of the stock policies required as an input to the supply and inventory plans. The goal of S&OP Process is to ensure an excellent customer experience in as efficient manner as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the Supply Chain Planner.
- Develop valid production plans and work with site schedulers to facilitate their execution.
- Develop and maintain stock policies based upon criteria agreed with Product Management and Site Operations. Publish policies and maintain as required.
- Maintain site capacity plans and reconcile occupancy concerns through level loading.
- Present unreconciled supply plans with options for review during the monthly process.
- Create and maintain the resale supply plan providing forecasted requirements to purchasing as needed.
- Work with the production sites to validate the raw material plan.
- Facilitate the supply and demand planning processes.
- Coordinate resolution of issues with Toll Manufacturers and Resale products.
- Provide oversight of new product commercialization process as it applies to finished goods planning.
- Develop Inventory Control Processes as required to manage working capital.
- Responsible for monthly finished goods inventory planning across the enterprise.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
- An operations management or supply chain degree and two or more years of relevant supply chain experience.
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification and planning for ingredient manufacturing experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience or training is preferred.
- Proficient with ERP Systems, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Pivot Tables.
- Experience with the Adage ERP and Arkieva software system a plus.
- Analytical skills are required.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required, estimated to be 5 – 10% or less.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and the ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas.
- A strong contributor with the ability to effectively manage up, down, and across the organization.
- Focuses on effective communication and leads by example.
- Applies certainty to uncertain situations affecting others, such as in forecasting or decision making.
- Balances risk and reward through careful analysis using hard and soft skills.
- Aligns tactics to strategy in planning and harmony with organizational culture.
- Maintains and improves, when necessary, relationships with internal and external supply chain partners.
- Satisfies competing priorities and stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.