Technical Development ManagerWilmington, DE
Currently, we have an opening for a Technical Development Manager – North America Region based in our Wilmington, DE location. The position reports to the Global Head of Technical Development.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Development Manager is to promote the technical functionality and selling features of our excipient formulations and drug development to existing and potential customers in the North America region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a network of contacts (self + commercial team) with customers’ formulators, set up and conduct “SPI Capabilities Presentation” highlighting product functionalities and Pharmasolutions service.
- Provide insight to the organization on product positioning, and competitive landscape in the development of product strategy and commercial goals.
- Provide input in the development of product information brochures, applications data sheets and technical information, in collaboration with ARTS and SBU Marketing, to target formulation developers (core customers) in the pharmaceutical and nutritional industries.
- Present at industry forums, tradeshows, and customer R&D settings with the purpose of promoting SPI Pharma products and services on a technical basis.
- The goal of this position is to be the Technology “Face” of SPI to formulation scientists.
- Based on customer interactions, help identify and quantify opportunities where SPI Pharma can expand its business with existing products or with the introduction of line extensions or new products.
- Coordinate new product launches and line extensions with SBU Marketing.
- Coordinate, internally, business processes such as complaint resolution, customer special requests, manufacturing issues, and any special projects.
- Recommend product pricing, regulatory requirements, and regional technical support.
- Support and train the technical sales team with focus to grow project pipeline for SPI Pharma products.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific discipline, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in pharmaceutical solid oral dose formulation development as well as product and process development.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical QbD principles and cGMP compliance
- Ability to present technical concepts to both formulation scientists and to non-technical (marketing and business development) audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build a strong team focused on the corporate goals.
- Strong organization and planning skills to deliver new growth.
- A “quick learner” of market dynamics, trends, product functionalities and competitive landscapes to bridge external demands with internal capabilities and innovation.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial performance factors, ability to conduct business analysis and recommend a strategy.
- About 40% travel to customer sites, both independently and with sales team.
- Time management and ability to manage multiple projects and activities is crucial.
- Self- motivated, results oriented professional capable to work with minimal supervision.